Re: (ET) Control Failure

> Do NOT put it in reverse until the
> tractor has STOPPED all forward motion (and vice versa).

I second that!  I did the same thing, carelessly switching directions
while the tractor was still rolling during a grading session.  Finally
the reverse relay contacts literally burned off.  If I hadn't been
somewhat aware of what was going on, I might have smoked the motor trying
to run it with ~no~ field voltage.

Some ET models supposedly have a delay circuit which won't let the relay
toggle until motor back-EMF is zero -- preventing such a problem.
Apparently mine doesn't have that.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
1991 Solectria Force 144vac
1979 General Engines ElectroPed 24vdc