(ET) novel motor use

Larry,

I assume you used the propulsion motor?  What was the field current?

Larry Elie wrote:

> Scott, WHICH type of mower motor shell are you looking for?  Most of the
> later ones are 4.5" dia, but
> one still needs to know which flange position (blade end of shell to
> flange).  The "M" or mid-mount
> decks are at a different position than the front mounts.
>
> On the side, I tried a novel ET application over the weekend.  My 3 HP,
> 2" centrifugal Jacuzzi
> irrigation pump threw a rod.  The B&S engine was toast.  Yep, you
> guessed it.  I put a normal
> mower motor (3000 RPM @ ? torque) in the place of the B&S engine.  I had
> to ream the coupling,
> the ET's shaft is 3/4" and the B&S was 5/8", and put some new holes on
> the bracket.  Yes, the
> motor did drive the pump.  I obviously exceed the torque rating by a
> fair amount; the thermal
> cutout was letting it engage for about 5 minutes, than disengaged for
> about 1 as it cooled.  It
> was pumping about 60 gal/minute (the B&S is rated 140 at 3500 RPM).
> Unfortunately, the seal
> on the pump gave out after only about 6 hours (my fault, I didn't put
> the check valve back because
> I was trying to reduce the restriction and every 5 minutes the thing had
> to re-prime-- dry seals get
> HOT) from overheating.  Oh, yes, the charger by itself at 20-22 amps was
> powering the pump, the
> motor draw was 25-30.  Lets see; 30 amps at 36 V is 1080 watts, and 760
> would be 1 HP if the
> efficiency was perfect.  My duty cycle was about 83 % so my guess is the
> motor is rated at about
> 1 HP.
>
> Larry Elie
>
> ----------

begin:vcard
n:Leuba;James
tel;fax:937-767-8632
tel;home:http://www.cncrepair.com
tel;work:937-767-9976
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.cncrepair.com
org:CNC Repair & Sales Inc.;Industrial Electronic Repair
version:2.1
email;internet:leuba cncrepair com
title:Engineer
adr;quoted-printable:;;CNC Repair & Sales Inc.=0D=0A1860 Hilt Road;Yellow Springs;Ohio;45387;USA
x-mozilla-cpt:;22176
fn:James Leuba
end:vcard