(ET) How do I change motor bearings?

Stupid question ... no, make that ~ignorant~ question (as the song says,
ignorance can be cured, but stupidity is forever).

My mower motor bearings are ~rough~.  After Matthew Magda's sad post
about his broken motor magnet, I decided not to tempt fate any longer.

Hmm, how do I change the bearings in my mower motors?  Getting to the
rear (top) bearing seems easy -- take off the end cap, remove the nuts
and brush carrier, and there it is.  (Does it just lift out?  I haven't
tried yet.)

But the front (bottom) bearing is not so obvious.  Do I have to pull the
blade mount off the shaft?   What kind of puller do I need?  How do I
replace the blade mount when I'm finished?  Once the blade mount is
pulled, does the armature just pull out of the housing?

I want to do this right, and not destroy an expensive motor in the
process.  Please help, and thanks for the coaching!