Re: (ET) Lift motor and batteries

> I should have looked at my schematic first. The Electric winch motor is
> 18
> volts.

Also, I believe it is a power window motor, not a wiper motor.  But it is
definitely designed for 12 volts.  It is usually run on 18.  I have run
it on 12 and 24 -- it's a wee bit slow on 12, and a wee bit fast on 24.

> All this tapping in to the battery pack for lights, relay power and
> the winch motor might explain why the back two batteries seems to fail
> first, or at least get out of synch with the rest of the pack. Rotating
> the batteries might make a lot of sense.

A good idea!

It would also help to ditch the GE charger and use an individual charger
for each battery, or at least for every two (12v chargers).  Hmmm, this
last only works if you connect the lift at 12 or 24 volts.

I am running my ET with six 12v gel batteries connected in series-
parallel, and I charge with individual chargers for this reason (and also
because the GE charger is too gung-ho for the more delicate gel
batteries).

                David Roden          THE VIRTUAL PD
     Services for radio broadcasters targeting educated adults
 Programming   Air talent development   Research   Classical music