(ET) Reducing Battery Weight for Use on Hills

I have a E15 and have been using it to cut grass on a fairly steep grade.
The front wheels tend to gouge, and the rear wheels sometimes lose
traction as one side or the other lifts while turning.  I try to go up and
down the hill as reccomended to avoid roll-over, but still need to turn.

  My question is this:  If the wieght of the batteries is reduced,
wouldn't this lower the center of gravity, and reduce tilting?  Wouldn't
this also reduce gouging?

  Would using 12V marine batteries accomplish this weight reduction?  Or
are their any other suggestions.

Thanks,

    Matt O'Brien