(ET) E20 transmission noise & wiring questions

Dear List Readers:

My E20's transmission is almost noisy enough to warrant wearing ear
plugs.  The oil (90W) level is ok.  Is this noise normal?  Any
suggestions to quiet down this transmission?  The noise sounds like gear
noise.

Under the mower deck are metal "bands" around each cutting blade.  I
guess the bands are to direct cut grass.  Has anybody tried removing the
bands to see if the deck cuts as well or better?  My hunch is that the
bands bend tall grass over low enough that the blade misses cutting some
grass.

I re-wired the charger so you do not need the master switch on for the
charger to work, will this cause any problems?

Has anyone converted the drive relays to a PWM controller?  What
controller?  How did you manage field weakening and "cruse control"?

DRicH1937 aol com wrote:

>  <A HREF="http://www.homepower.com/contents.htm";>Click here: Home Power
> magazine: Current Issue Table of Contents
> </A>
>
> See page 44 for an excellent article on the Elec-trak!
begin:vcard
n:Leuba;James
tel;fax:937-767-8632
tel;home:http://www.cncrepair.com
tel;work:937-767-9976
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.cncrepair.com
org:CNC Repair & Sales Inc.;Industrial Electronic Repair
version:2.1
email;internet:leuba cncrepair com
title:Engineer
adr;quoted-printable:;;CNC Repair & Sales Inc.=0D=0A1860 Hilt Road;Yellow Springs;Ohio;45387;USA
x-mozilla-cpt:;22176
fn:James Leuba
end:vcard