Re: (ET) E-12M

That is probably the "normal" humming sound.  In my experience, it seems
to be
a little louder when either (1) the batteries are bad (2) the power
disconnect
is disconnected or (3) the circuit breaker is open.

Be careful trying to charge bad batteries.  I overheated one of the
chargers
trying to see if I could charge some batteries which turned out to be bad.
 The
transformer overheated and shorted out internally.