Re: (ET) Plug in & go

"Dean A. Stuckmann" <dstuck lakefield net> wrote:

> Trojan T-145s ... How much are they?  How many years do they last?
> Do I need a special charger?

They weigh about 10 lb more than regular GC batteries and about a quarter
inch taller.  I believe they can be ordered without the annoying stud
that many GC batteries have in the middle of their automotive-type posts
("universal posts").

Cost: A few years back, one of the area dealers quoted me around $85 each
for them.  This is appreciably higher than the usual $50 warehouse club
specials that many people use, but if you need the capacity, it's
available for a price.

Life: Trojan Battery rates their conventional T-105 battery at 754 BCI
cycles.  They rate the T-145 at 625 cycles.  However, you might consider
that in many cases you would be discharging the T-145 to a lesser
percentage of its capacity, and that would make it last longer.  So it's
probably a wash.

Charger:  No, you don't need anything special (although an improved
charger wouldn't hurt -- the GE charger is a bit crude).

                David Roden          THE VIRTUAL PD
     Services for radio broadcasters targeting educated adults
 Programming   Air talent development   Research   Classical music