(ET) chute lube AND parallel battery packs

We got about 6" down here near Concord, MA, and I finally got to put the snow monster to use.

1. Instead of PAM, I took a block of paraffin wax (cheap at the hardware store) and with the snowthrower attachment unplugged from the tractor (paranoia!) I rubbed the wax up and down in (aligned with the path of ejection). The snow was pretty dry today and the temp at least 5 degrees below freezing, so it might not have been a terribly meaningful test, but I never clogged and the chute was dry and clear after I finished.

2. The parallel battery pack idea that I asked you all about (thank you all again for your thoughtful responses) worked very well to extend the time of my throwing. All 12 of my batteries in the two paralleled 36v clusters are old, but I got about an hour out of a full charge. (Note: I charged them separately; I have a "quick disconnect" terminal doohickey to isolate the two packs.) Main pack I charge witht he on-board charger; the second with an external charger, all simultaneous like.

Note also that having an extra 6 trojan t-145s hanging off the back of the tractor made for some good traction: I never slipped at all. Sometimes I had to add a little weight to the front (by taking up slack in the lift belt) to improve steering traction.

Oh the weather outside is frightful.... nice.

-Max Hall
-maxo iname com
-Plywood Guy, Scooters, and what-all: http://www.maxmatic.com