(ET) <no subject>

>    In an AC circuit, having a low power factor does not theoretically
>increase power wasted, it only increases the current needed to deliver
>that
>power.  Where you waste power when power factor is low is due to your I
>squared R (resistive) losses.  If your current is needlessly higher, all
>of
>your voltage drops are higher and you have greater unwanted electric
>resistance heating.

Steve,

not really true.  you forgot power also equals current x voltage,  and in
the AC circuit the power that is lost during  the magnetic field creation
and collapse 60 times a second.  this is real power loss not just heating
losses. the energy that is takes though important to the motor operation
does not activly turn the motor and therefore does no real work.

I would love to see your power factor talk.

Dave howard