Re: (ET) dynamic braking

Steve

Thank you for your insights on dynamic braking.  Can the same be done
for ac motors? In my homegrown ET, my power take off is a 1500 watt 120
volt ac modified sine wave inverter. I plan on powering a mower deck
with whatever castaway drill or circular saw motor I can find.  BTW,
does anyone have an idea on wattage draw for a 36 to 48" mower deck?

Another question, beside the inverter, I have a 5 amp dc-dc converter
for my radio and cigarette light power plug. The one thing I haven't
figured out how to do is jump start a car. Before you say battery tap,
my battery is a 24 volt system made of 8 volt trojans. Two nominal  8
volt batteries with a full charge will be more than 17 volts. I have
visions of radios, computers and lord knows what else in the car going
sizzel-pop-smoke. I know I can plug a 120 v ac to 12 volt dc charger
into the inverter, but I'm looking for something a little quicker and
straightforward.

Thanks

Dan