Memory effect in PbA and in NiCd

Oh learned tractoristi, is this true? that in Nickel-Cadmium batteries the
memory effect has to do with the fact that energy is stored by the creation
of a crystal structure and you wind up with funny conditions when you have
little pieces of crystal structure interposed with non-crystallized
structure; and that full discharge, or collapse of the crystal, allows the
crystal to be uniform on recharge instead of patchy?

And then, y'all, how does memory in Lead-Acid batts work?

Now, off to the batteries with my distilled water and a funnel....

-Max Hall
-maxo iname com
-Plywood Guy, Scooters, and what-all: http://www.maxmatic.com