Re: surging, motor

   From: "Naugler, Steve" <SNaugler Rodel com>
   Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 13:42:30 -0500

           The traction motor, snow blower motor, and most other of the GE
   accessory motors, when turned off coast slowwly to a stop.  In these
cases
   the armature connections are left floating when turned off.  This is a
case
   of (hopefully) low friction braking.  I am very careful when snowblowing
   because the blower takes forever to stop and I worry about kids and
pets.

Could one modify the snowblower motor to have braking when turned off?
That would make it a lot safer.

                                Ken