[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: surging, motor
- Subject: Re: surging, motor
- From: Ken Olum <kdo cosmos5 phy tufts edu>
- Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 13:58:10 -0500 (EST)
- In-reply-to: <531510C1557AD211AA4600600804964C074039@exchange.email.rodel> (SNaugler@Rodel.com)
- Sender: owner-elec-trak cosmos5 phy tufts edu
From: "Naugler, Steve" <SNaugler Rodel com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 13:42:30 -0500
The traction motor, snow blower motor, and most other of the GE
accessory motors, when turned off coast slowwly to a stop. In these
the armature connections are left floating when turned off. This is a
of (hopefully) low friction braking. I am very careful when snowblowing
because the blower takes forever to stop and I worry about kids and
Could one modify the snowblower motor to have braking when turned off?
That would make it a lot safer.