Helping the batteries perfom in the cold.

Next question to all you battery-powered people:

To help my E15 work well out there in the cold, does it not make sense to
keep the thing as warm as toast (ok, say, 65 degrees F) before I put it to
work?

I imagine that those big bad batteries have huge heat capacity, (I mean,
specific heat of lead is high) and that they will cool very slowly if they
come out of the garage at 65. (ANd operation is exothermic; they give off
some heat as they work, yes?)

One would, in an unheated garage, want to be very careful about ventilation
especailly during charging, of course.

Any thoughts?

-Max Hall
- www.maxmatic.com