Re: Lifting batteries

HEY! Just because this hoo-ha about lifting batteries was part of an old
quote in an email from me doesn't mean I wrote it! "Roden" is right: NEVER
lift a battery by it's terminals! DOOM!

"Max Hall" <maxo iname com> writes:

> I did this (make clearance for the bolts atop the battery terminals)
> because battery removal is much easier when
> >using plastic handles bolted to the threaded rods on the terminals.

I used to lift batteries this way too, but no longer do so.  I have learned
more recently that the terminals are sealed to the plastic battery case.
Lifting the battery by the terminals can flex the terminals enough to
break that seal.  Then the acid electrolyte can seep up right where it