EVA/DC Meeting this Wednesday

Forwarded for anybody who lives nearby and is interested.  BTW, I thought
the ET went out of production 25 years ago ... and I've never heard of a 48
volt ET, either.  (Charlie Scheck does not appear to be a member of this
listserv; does anybody know him?)

David

>                             electric vehicle association
>                               of greater washington, dc
>                           - a Non-Profit Organization -
>         9140 Centerway Road,   Gaithersburg, MD   20879-1882
>          Tel/Fax: 301/869-4954  E-mail: goldie ev1 juno com
>
>                              You are invited to join us on
>
>                   ** WEDNESDAY Night **  October 10th, 1998
>          (Please note: This is a departure from our regular "2nd
>       Tuesday" schedule, to accommodate a religious holiday)
>
>                               from 7:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. at
>
>                                  N.I.H. BUILDING 31-C
>                                 in Bethesda, Maryland
>                           6th Floor, Conference Room #8
>                             (see directions on next page)
>
>                   We'll provide pizzas, sodas, juices, &
>                 light refreshments. (Donations requested.)
>
>                                             Featuring
>
>* "Still TRAKKING After All These Years!" - General Electric's rugged
>"Electrak" Lawn Tractors have been out of production for more than 18
>years.  But that hasn't stopped a devoted group of fans from keeping the
>little 48 volt beasties humming along in everyday service for everything
>from mowing the "North 40" (as well as the "South 40") to towing freight
>and plowing snow.  EVA/DC'er and Retired US Coast Guard Engineer Charlie
>Scheck will share his extensive knowledge and experience with his own
>personal Electrak "fleet" and explain the mystery of what keeps these
>bunnies "running and running and running . . . "
>
>* First Reports: "EVS-15" - The 15th International EV Symposium and
>Exhibit in concluded less than a week ago in Brussels, Belgium, and we'll
>have some of the first eye-witness reports - and photos - for you in
>Washington, D.C., courtesy of "Electric Vehicle News" Editor and EVA/DC
>Member Lew Gulich and from EVA'er Larry Edwards of Transit Innovations
>(Fairfax, VA).  Any other members or guests who attended this notable
>EVent will also be invited to speak.  A full EVS-15 report will highlight
>the next edition of "EV News", for which EVA/DC Members are now eligible
>for a special subscription rate  . . . [CLIP]
>
>* "Who's Charging Whom?" - New safety standards for EV Charging
>equipment, known as "NEC (National Electric Code) Article 625" are
>causing a ruckus in the EV user community, with charges and
>counter-charges flying about "$3,000 costs" for "unnecessary" equipment
>purchases.  Other in the know say the safety rules are being
>misinterpreted by a small group of opponents who don't have all of the
>facts.  EVA/DC President Dave Goldstein will host a brief discussion on
>this important topic in preparation for a SPECIAL NOVEMBER EVA/DC MEETING
>to be held in Baltimore.  (See "COMING IN NOVEMBER", below.)
>
>* The National Solar Home Tour will take place on Sunday, October 18th,
>and EVA/DC will be participating with EV's on display at some of the
>featured solar-assisted homes.  If you'd like to volunteer your time
>and/or EV, please contact EVA/DC Program Chairman Charlie Garlow at (202)
>564-1088, Email: <garlow charlie epamail epa gov>.  If you'd like to take
> [...]
     David Roden          THE VIRTUAL PD         roden ald net
     Services for radio broadcasters targeting educated adults
 Programming   Air talent development   Research   Classical music