[Fwd: Re: A good day....]

--- Begin Message ---
DWFH wrote:

> Well I hope the rest of you had a beautiful day today to do yard work as
> I did.
>
> It was a good day for me and my Electrak E-20. First I attached my
> rototiller and tilled my garden. Second I hooked up my trailer and
> hauled my mulch to the flower beds.
>
> Next a break through: I hooked up my broadcast spreader to fertilize my
> lawn and found that I have to modify it because the rear winch is
> hitting the on/off switch on the spreader. Unfortunately, I had to take
> out my GAS powered tractor, which is an all wheel steer Craftsman. It
> truly reinforces my love of my E-20.
>
> Anyway, as with so many of my tools and projects my wife has never been
> real keen on my electric tractors and accessories.
>
> BUT.. today after while sitting outside as I tilled the garden and
> hauling the mulch she didn't say much, till I started the GAS tractor
> to finish the fertilizing.
>
> She said, "you know, I think I LIKE your electric tractor" (knock me
> over with a feather) She also said "it is a LOT quieter then the gas
> tractor and that gas one really smells to" (as I have said before)
>
> Now if I can only convince her I need an electric CAR, MORE accessories
> and a bigger hardrive!!!!!

I also had a great day using an E-20 and tiller for garden work/fun.
However, I am also very fortunate to have an EV and that was fun to
drive for an errand.  Power to charge the EV comes from solar.  Most of
the power to charge the E-20 comes from wind and the rest from solar.

I bet if your wife drove an EV, she would be sold on it as well.  Good
luck.

Jeff Simpson
30k EV miles on my 914 and solar charged last 1.5 years with 1.5KW PV
array

--- End Message ---