money questions

    Various locations in North America are organizing together to have two
people from Taylors come over to do maintenance and repairs in the
belltowers. The idea is to pool together to pay the transportation and
living expenses to get them here and while they are touring around, plus
the labor and parts costs relevant to each tower.  A very rough estimate
is that it will run $1000 or more for each ring of eight, depending on
local needs.  Greg has sent out feelers to the Advent to see if they will
pay any/all of that.  Old North had thought in the past of paying for
ropes as part of their annual budget. Ricky is trying to follow up on
that.  My guess is that they would be shocked at the idea of $1000 out of
the blue, but we haven't asked. Ricky and I are willing to make donations
toward the cost at Old North if necessary, but it shouldn't be required.
The Boston Bellringers bank account has way more than enough to pay in
total for this work. I do understand the underlying worry about future
unexpected expenditures.  At a business meeting in the past, people agreed
in principle to have the Taylors people come before we knew what it would
cost.  Now we sort of know.
    It's almost time to renew the paper Ringing World.  That will be
$196.00 (at today's conversion rate - it's 154 pounds) for a year.
Opinions?
    Our major expenses of the past year have been RW related, both the
subscription and for quarter peal donations.  Little things like hand goop
have come out of petty cash, which is where donations go when we
(occasionally) get some. Postage has recently gone up, so the holiday card
expenses will too.  It's very warm to be thinking of December, but it will
probably come.

Laura Dickerson