Re: Fourth of July Dracut

For those coming straight from ringing or using public transportation for
part of your journey, do not feel obligated to bring food - we'll gladly
accept help setting up, cooking and cleaning up, but if you would like to
bring food to share, that will be welcome.

Our plans were to be mostly outside, both up on our deck and down by the
water, but if the weather doesn't cooperate, we'll figure out how to
adapt.  We have quite a few outdoor chairs, but considering how many
are coming, consider bringing a camp or beach chair or picnic blanket if it
isn't too much trouble.  We also have multiple umbrellas for shade, and a
few blankets for the ground.

Our address is 70 Pine Tree Lane, in Dracut.  Google Maps will get you here
pretty accurately.  Google will bring you to a paved circle, and you'll see
a white fence with a sign that says "Private - Keep out". The road is
single lane gravel, and will likely have pot holes after the rain, so drive
slowly.

We are the first driveway on the left, with a slate sign on the tree.  If
you pass by the driveway, you can circle around to the left, and you'll
come to a gravel circle, where there is additional parking in front of a
big two car garage, and on a grassy area beside a big tan shelter.  Our
house is just beyond the circle, and there is another (70) on a tree to
mark it.  If our driveway is getting filled up, you can pass through the
cut-through to the gravel circle, and around to the garage and shelter
parking.

There's no set plan for the afternoon - people are welcome to show up any
time after noon.  (If you show up early we might put you to work).  We can
plan for the food to be a latish lunch or dinner, or just go all day -
whatever people prefer.  We'll have some handbells and we do have a few
board games - or bring your own.

We'll plan a campfire in the late afternoon or evening, especially since we
have people bringing stuff for S'mores.  If anyone wants to indulge Cathy,
she likes to sing rounds around the fire.

Everyone is welcome to stay and see if the neighbor puts on a fireworks
show this year - it probably won't start until after 9:00 at least (and we
can't guarantee it will occur), or to leave when you've had enough food and
socializing.

Looking forward to a great day, despite the weather.

Greg and Cathy