Old North Historic site back to virtual only

   After having the sanctuary open to tourists for a very brief time, it's
back to online programming only
This is snipped from a longer announcement by Nikki Stewart, the executive
director:

>>On Monday, July 27, the Old North Foundation Board of Directors made the
>>difficult decision to suspend on-site programming and reduce staffing to
>>protect our limited resources. Over the next six months we will focus
>>our efforts on strategic planning, developing virtual content for the
>>2020-21 school year, and diversifying our revenue streams.<<
   Whole letter here:
https://oldnorth.com/2020/07/28/old-north-suspends-operations-july-28/

   I don't know what reduced staffing means - they had already laid off 25
part time folks.
  Of the content they've added during lockdown time, TJ's series of
historical snippets about the church called "99% sure" will continue, I
think, and there is a game for sale (that I haven't tried)
https://oldnorth.com/games/

Laura Dickerson