Volunteers for MIT Midway, (12:30) 1-3pm Saturday April 13th 2019

Hi everyone,

Midway this year is Saturday April 13th from 1-3 PM at the Johnson Ice Rink, with set up starting between 12 and 12:30. Can we get 4 volunteers? It's a great opportunity to show change ringing to MIT students.

~ Bryn

How to do a midway (courtesy Cally)

   What we need to do:
    1) Get the change ringing handbells with the sally and the small box of tune ringing bells out of the office in the student center  (directions available if needed)
    2)  go to Johnson Athletic Center and sign in between noon and 12:30.  We are the Guild of Bellringers, and have been assigned a table [near tech squares generally].
    3)  Set up a booth with a laptop showing a subset of ringing videos; the handbells; the sally; maybe a model bell; and the small box of tune ringing bells.
    4)  Put out some treats and/or loot.  Wise persons plan in advance.  I usually grab stuff from LaVerde's.
    5)  Make a signup sheet, maybe on Google Sheets.
    6) From 1PM to 3PM:   Recruit all the prefrosh. Explain how bell-ringing is the coolest thing ever, and here, you can try it right now.  Ring plain hunt a lot.
    7) Put it all away

http://web.mit.edu/asa/publicity/midway.html