Fwd: Special and Important Announcement from the Wardens

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: The Church of the Advent <office theadventboston org>
Date: Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 2:56 PM
Subject: Special and Important Announcement from the Wardens
To: <edfutcher gmail com>

Special and Important Announcement from the Wardens

Announcing our Interim Rector

Dear Parishioners and Friends of the Church of the Advent:

We are pleased to announce that the Rev'd Truman Welch will serve as Interim Rector during our period of transition and search following Father Warren's retirement. Father Welch will take up his position effective Monday, January 28, 2019. His first Sunday will us will be February 3, 2019, when we celebrate Candlemas. We will hear Father Welch preach that day and welcome him at celebratory coffee hours after both the 9 am and 11:15 am Masses.

Fr. Welch retired four years ago as Rector of Good Shepherd, Waban. By happy coincidence, Father Welch's predecessor there was none other than our own Rector, Father Warren. So in addition to his experience as the leader of a parish, Father Welch is deeply familiar with our Anglo-Catholic traditions of worship and teaching. He also has a wonderful personal calmness and pastoral presence about him, which are excellent traits for a time of transition.

We are grateful to our Bishop for his careful attention to the Advent in proposing Father Welch to us, and for his counsel and guidance in discerning the right path for us during the upcoming period of transition. We are also thankful to the Vestry and the Clergy for their thoughtful and prayerful participation in this process. Please keep Father Welch and Bishop Gates in your prayers, just as you have Father Warren.

Faithfully your brothers in Christ,
C. Thomas Brown & Paul J. Roberts, Wardens.

For more from the Church of the Advent, go to http://www.theadventboston.org/announcements/.

Parish Office
Church of the Advent
Quick Links

Join Our Mailing List
Church of the Advent, 30 Brimmer Street, Boston, MA 02108
Sent by office theadventboston org in collaboration with
Constant Contact