adding Kent to the Smith weekend

    Kent is a long trip, but it used to be sort of normal - for many years (up through what, ten years ago?)  there was a twice-yearly area meeting day of morning ringing at Brewster, afternoon ringing at Kent.  In practice, this was a very long day of seven or eight hours of driving for four hours of ringing (plus socializing), and we did it.  One of the usual months was in fact October, ideal for leaf-peeping along the way.  I'm willing to participate in some version of the Kent & Smith plan if you get it organized.
Laura

From: "Joshua Burson" <joshburson09 gmail com>
To: "Boston Change Ringers email list" <Boston-change-ringers cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2018 7:57:00 AM
Subject: Re: Trinity Striking Contest: Oct 19-21 in DC

Speaking of which: This year also marks the 50th anniversary of Geoff's "First North American Tower Grab", when he organized a bunch of ringers to "grab" Hingham, Groton, Smith, and the Kent School over the course of two days.  I've never been to Kent, so I was thinking that it might be fun to try to organize a trip out there on the Saturday (or Friday evening, if they'd be willing to put us up: Oct. 5 or 6) of that weekend, ring at Kent, ideally on all ten (!), and then backtrack to join the fun at Smith.  It would be a serious road trip (roughly 3 hours from here to Kent, or about like here to Billsville), but I think it would be an awesome one.  Anyone else interested?
I've updated the "Longer-term stuff" page of the attendance sheet to cover this and subsequent major events, btw.

--Josh