From: "Scott Colby" <scolby33 gmail com>
To: "Boston Change Ringers" <boston-change-ringers cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2018 7:52:47 PM
Subject: Juggling Patterns

Hello all,

I came across the notation that jugglers use to describe their
patterns and found some similarities to our diagrams for methods. They
have a similar cyclic pattern to describe, but it took until the
mid-1980's for someone to try writing them down!

Here is a link to a textual description of the method:
http://www.juggling.org/help/siteswap/faq.html
And here is an hour-long talk given by one of the creators, which I
think was worth my time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNKFSpJIBO0

I hope some of you find these parallels interesting! Is there any
crossover between the ringers and the MIT Jugglers?
http://www.mitjuggling.club/

Scott

Scott Colby
Chemistry