Re: Bringing a mini ring to Boston

    We could put somebody up, but we're nowhere near
the Westin Waterfront.

      Don't give up on clay pots right away. This particular ring is
thousands of miles away (Northalerton, Yorkshire) and was built into a
shed, but its sound was  probably representative. (2004)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7RV1oK4v2ro

Hey all,
  I'm working up a proposal to bring a mini ring to Boston for Arisia '18
next January.  Introducing change ringing to a wider audience, and all
that.  So I was wondering if anyone could help me with a couple of
questions...

1.  Has anyone rung Tim Barnes's mini ring (which I believe lives in New
Jersey or parts adjacent)?  Is it any good?  I keep hearing horror stories
about mini rings built out of flower pots, though I don't THINK it's one of
those...

2. *If* I got this approved by Arisia, would someone potentially be willing
and able to put the owner of said mini ring up for a few nights?  I mean,
I'm hoping we could get Arisia to comp. them a hotel room, but it would be
nice to have a backup.

3. Likewise, might we be able to arrange a quarter peal on one our towers
while he/she was here?  (I emailed Michael Hinton in Toronto for advice on
this whole topic, and he suggested that this would be a Good Thing to do.)

4. Any other thoughts?

Anyway, thanks!

--Josh Burson