Re: [WRS] White chapel on cbs

Alexander Taft alexander taft gmail com wrote:
> Looks like a segment on the closing [of Whitechapel Bell Foundry] is
> up shortly on CBS this morning.

For the benefit of those who haven't watched it: it starts right out with an ironic choice--if the sound corresponds to the video, and the subsequent talk, it appears CBS used a recording of the carillon at Washington Cathedral as the opening sounds. Which carillon is the handiwork of Taylor's, not Whitechapel, of course. I don't think I heard any change ringing throughout the whole piece.

--
Don Morrison <dfm ringing org>
"[She] hated Literature. She'd much prefer to read a good book."