Fwd: Invitation to a celebration of the tenth anniversary of the dedication of Southminster's bells

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Don Morrison <dfm ringing org>
Date: Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 1:31 AM
Subject: Invitation to a celebration of the tenth anniversary of the
dedication of Southminster's bells
To: nag-talk yahoogroups com

October 5th of this year is the tenth anniversary of the dedication of
the ring of eight bells at Southminster Church in Mt Lebanon, a
southern suburb of Pittsburgh. We are planning a celebration over the
weekend of 5-7 October, to which we're hoping many North American
ringers can come.

While a detailed schedule of the weekend has not yet been worked out,
we expect it to include general ringing and quarter peals spread over
Friday night, much of Saturday, and some of Sunday afternoon; a peal
attempt sometime on Saturday or Sunday; and either a service, or a
portion of one of the regular Sunday services, to mark the event.
Likely one or more shared meals will be arranged over the weekend,
too.

This year is also the centenary of the creation of Mt Lebanon. While
the parade marking the centenary will have happend a month earlier,
our celebration may also find a way to tie into the municipality's.

It's also a great opportunity to visit Pittsburgh, a wonderful city:
home to the Pittsburgh Steelers, the NFL's only six time Super Bowl
Champion; home of what the Travel Channel recently rated the best
sandwich in America; and rated America's most livable city by The
Economist in 2011, Forbes in 2010 and The Places Rated Almanac in
2007.

National Geographic on Pittsburgh: <http://tinyurl.com/8yxdo22>

If you come a day or two early to sight see, please do also plan on
joining our regular practice on Thursday evening, 4 October.

A list of hotels convenient to Southminster is at
<http://tinyurl.com/4bwvxxq>.

There is no need to register for the weekend, though it would be best
if those planning on attending let me, Don Morrison <dfm ringing org>,
know so we know how many to expect and can plan accordingly; and can
ensure you are kept up to date with plans. It is possible, though not
certain, that as arrangements progress we may ask folks to make
reservations for one or more meals ahead of time.

--
Don Morrison <dfm ringing org>
"The tower chaplain...was always armed at night in case one

--
Don Morrison <dfm ringing org>
"After all these years I have observed that beauty, like happiness,