Re: Funeral Friday 7th November at 4:00pm

  Maybe for the 7th of November, depending on whether or not I'm visiting
my parents at the time.
  The last time we used the muffles might have been when Gerald Ford
(former US president) died, and the church requested memorial ringing.
They are on the bookshelf, and are disguised as strips of leather.  They
get taped onto the clapper with strapping tape, and then removed by
cutting the tape.  We have falling-apart old-style muffles as well (in a
plastic bag in the space under the weird stairs), but I made the new ones
based on those from Raleigh or Hendersonville (I don't remember - the idea
was from Richard Parsons, who had been at both places at one time or
another).   We don't ring half-muffled much, but they work.
Laura