Re: WGBH auction (was No Subject)

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 1:23 PM,  <lauradi rcn com> wrote:
> A number of years ago we donated lessons to the WGBH auction, or
> something like that (Don M probably remembers the details).

The winning bidder was the manager of a high end hotel that had just
opened (or perhaps, was just about to open). He brought about a dozen
of his minions, all of whom were actually on temporary assignment to
this hotel from various other ones in the same chain in other
countries, mostly European. They all got taken to the top of the
tower, saw ringing, and all got a pull.

At least I think that's right. It's been a long time.

--
Don Morrison <dfm ringing org>
"Scholars assume rather readily that all the ancients invariably