[no subject]

 Ricky

>   What do people think?

  quoting the vicar

>     Old North is hosting a fund raising gala with a
>     silent auction on Saturday, March 5.  Could the
>     bell ringers contribute a group bell ringing
>     lesson to the silent auction?

    I think it's a good idea.  We'd have to work out a time to do it, but
it would be fun, and might be a good way to get some parishioners or
foundation supporters into the tower.  A number of years ago we donated
lessons to the WGBH auction, or something like that (Don M probably
remembers the details).
The boss of some business brought several of the employees together as
part of a treat day out (team building, something).  None of them returned
for more lessons, but they had a good time doing something unusual in a
historic place, and I think it's always good to have more people think
fondly of ringing.

Laura Dickerson