Re: Purple Cyclic Bob Major

On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 4:49 PM, Danielle Morse <dmorsebell gmail com>
wrote:
> There is no symmetry,

I beg to differ. It does not have the palindromic symmetric we're most
familiar with from common methods, but it still does have just as
strong a symmetry, merely of a different kind:

Draw the blueline out on a sheet of transparent paper. For the usual
palindromic symmetry if you flipped the page over, top to bottom,
you'd end up with the same line. For Purple Cyclic Bob, instead leave
the paper flat on the table, but rotate the sheet 180 degrees; you'll
still have the same line.

--
Don Morrison <dfm ringing org>
"Though [Mutannabi] denounced life as not quite up to his