Elizabeth Marsh says hi; a cunning way to keep tourists from pulling ropes

I don't do a great job when told to smile for photographs, but Elizabeth does. This was on Saturday.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4137/4741731085_7e1fa048ac_b.jpg

From St Winifred's church in Branscombe, Devon. The ropes fall into the nave, and the church is open daily to tourists. Apparently there haven't been any disasters so far, but it wouldn't be *my* choice to leave the bells up. (we were there as tourists, not ringers).
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4074/4742368298_76177b1cc9_b.jpg

Laura Dickerson