Re: Advent Advanced Practice 8/27

Hi again -

  A reminder that we are having an advanced practice this week, 8/27.
This means we will not do any handling during practice, and those who
are not Surprise/Stedman ringers should expect to get less rope time
than at a usual practice, although there will certainly be several
non-Surprise/Stedman touches.

  There are two special methods on the table, in addition to the more
usual fare.  I would like to have a go at Stedmonster Triples, the
Stedman-related method which Asher sent around a few weeks ago and
which I've attached again here.  Several of us have been working on
the frontwork during the past few weeks; if a couple more people can
look at it, we should be able to ring a plain course on Thursday.  It
is relatively straightforward if you are comfortable with Stedman.

  For those who already ring 8-spliced, please also refresh Glasgow
Surprise Major; there has been some interest in moving beyond the
standard 8 again, and Glasgow has been suggested.

  See you Thursday!
       ~ Emily