Fwd: [nagcr] Bill Jackson

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: John Owen, MD. Hematology and Oncology <jowen wfubmc edu>
Date: 2009/4/13
Subject: [nagcr] Bill Jackson
To: nagcr yahoogroups com, Bill Kollar <wkollar ieee org>, Brett
Wormley <BWormley afroanglican com>, Cecily Rock
<Cecily Rock mail house gov>, David Hawkins <adhawkins sympatico ca>,
Eddie Futcher <efutcher yahoo com>, Geoff Davies
<gdavies lynx dac neu edu>, Greg Hinson <hinson alumni unc edu>, John
King <joking verizon net>, John Mabe <JMABE maupintaylor com>, John
Owen <jowen wfubmc edu>, Mary Clark <josephwc aol com>, Nick Rossi
<nrrossi gmail com>, Phil Merrill <merrillp erols com>, Quilla Roth
<qroth nsf gov>, Rebecca A Joyce <viktorcat aol com>, Rick Dirksen
<rdirksen comcast net>, Roger Savory <RRSavory aol com>, Ross Finbow
<rjfinbow hotmail com>, Susan O'Neill <sueoneill1 hotmail com>,
Timothy Barnes <tjbarnes optonline net>
Cc: David Ingram <dringram btinternet com>

I have just learned that Bill Jackson died yesterday. Apparently his
health had markedly deteriorated over the past two - three weeks, and
he was ultimately unable to withstand pneumonia. I have no further
details, and will be away for the next four weeks.

We have all lost a very good friend.

John

John Owen MD MBA FRCPC FACP
Professor, Hematology and Oncology
Wake Forest University School of Medicine
Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
+1 336 716 6777