-----Original Message-----
From: boston-change-ringers-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu
[mailto:boston-change-ringers-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu] On Behalf Of
Laura Dickerson
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2008 5:29 PM
To: Alice; Boston Ringers Mailing List; Elizabeth Denne
Subject: Possibility of an unusual Saturday practice at ON November 22

    A bunch of the Smith ringers will be attending Old North practice on

Saturday the 22nd, and having a session at the Advent in the afternoon.

The radical suggestion has been made to have the Old North portion be a
combined surprise and rounds practice (with some possible Kaleidoscope
or call changes added to the rounds).  People who ring surprise should
presume to be ringing almost the whole time.
People who don't will be ringing rounds. (ie no other methods*).  The
idea behind this is to make sure we have lots of people who (on paper)
can ring accurate rounds to help the learners, with
the surprise portions offered as a extra treat.  Please let me know if
you can make it.
     I'm sure I've circulated this before, but it's a good reminder that

quality ringing starts with good rounds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK8uMGT01wA&feature=related

*   I take it back.  That's St Cecelia's Day.   Maybe we'll ring that
(unfortunately, it isn't available on the Visual method archive, because

it's a doubles variation, not a method).

Laura Dickerson

Confidentiality notice: The information contained in this email message
including attachments is confidential and is intended only for the use of
the individual or entity named above and others who have been specifically
authorized to receive it.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any use, unauthorized dissemination, distribution, or
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this communication in error, please delete immediately or if any
problems occur with transmission, please notify me immediately by
telephone.  Thank you.