Things that begin with the letter P

There's Passover. There's the Pope. And then there's Patriot's Day weekend, which is being invaded by the previous two. We will probably be OK in terms of numbers on Sunday night for the Old North Lantern service, but in the hoped-for eight we have two maybes, and two people for whom this will be their first time of service ringing, so more steady ringers would be happily welcomed. Start time 7:30 PM, Old North, and leave a little time to get through the throng.

In other non-ringing but related news, for folks who are interested in seeing 18th century military re-enactors without getting up before dawn on Patriot's Day, there's a shorter battle scheduled for Saturday afternoon in a different part of Lexington, easily accessible by bus, bike path, and car. It's at 4 PM, so it would be entirely possible to go to ON practice and be there as well. Let me know if you need details.

Laura Dickerson