Saturday, April 12: Mid-Atlantic Area Meeting in Washington, D.C.

From: "Haley Barnett" <haley_barnett alum emory edu>
Date: March 30, 2008 3:33:18 PM EDT
Cc: "Mary Clark (home)" <josephwc aol com>
Subject: [nag-talk] Saturday, April 12: Mid-Atlantic Area Meeting in Washington, D.C.

Dear NAG Ringers,

Once again, we in Washington are looking forward to hosting a monthly
area meeting for the NAG. This meeting will be on Saturday, April 12.

The details are as follows:

9:30 AM to 12:00 Noon: Ringing at the Old Post Office
12:30ish to 2:00 PM: Lunch at Washington Cathedral (provided by WRS ringers)
2:00 to 4:00 PM: Ringing at the cathedral (Access to the tower will
be via the south transept elevator. Perry Auditorium will be in use,
so we will not be using the west elevators that day.)

A word of warning about the OPOT ringing: April 12 is the day of the
Cherry Blossom Festival parade, on Constitution Avenue between 7th and
17th Streets NW. It is also the day of the Japanese Street Festival
on Pennsylvania Avenue between 10th and 14th Streets and on 12th
Street between Pennsylvania and Constitution Avenues. OPOT is smack
dab in the middle of all of this. It means that street parking in the
area will be virtually non-existent, and traffic patterns will be
significantly altered. Metro will be the way to go that morning. For
more information on taking Metro, including where to leave your car,
contact me at josephwc@aol.com.

As we did in December, we would like to have focus methods during the
day. In December, we focused on Grandsire and Erin Caters and on
Little Bob Royal. My suggestion is that we continue with these three
methods, to give everyone some more practice on 10-bell ringing. We
will also be ringing methods on six and eight bells, and there will be
plenty of Rounds and Call Changes and Plain Hunt for those who are in
the beginning and intermediate stages of ringing. In other words:
"something for everyone" will be the order of the day.

We will need a head count of ringers who plan to attend, especially so
that we can plan the amount of food for lunch, but also so that the
tower captains can plan the methods that will be rung. Please email
me at josephwc@aol.com by Wednesday, April 9, if you are planning on
eating lunch, otherwise, by April 11 if you are coming but are not
planning to eat with us.

Area Reps and others: Please make sure this message reaches your
local ringers.

We look forward to seeing you in just 2 weeks!

Mary Clark
Washington Area Representative
North American Guild of Change Ringers

__._,_.___
Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Polls | Members | Calendar
Best of Y! Groups
and nominate your
group to be featured.
All-Bran