Fwd: [Brewster/Kent/NYC] October 20th Area Meeting

I sent my original email to many of you individually, but I'm forwarding it on to the list to catch those that may not have seen it. We hope some of you can come down on the 20th for ringing! (And if you'd like to be kept informed of major Brewster/Kent activities and aren't currently on my list, please let me know.) Thank you!

- Matt

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Matt Bogen <mbogen gmail com>
Date: Sep 26, 2007 1:40 PM
Subject: [Brewster/Kent/NYC] October 20th Area Meeting
To: "Bogen, Matthew H." <matthew h bogen acs-inc com>

(I suppose we need to come up with a catchy group name for the three towers...)

Autumn is here, which means it's time to make plans for the October Area meeting at Melrose! The big change in the schedule from previous years is that, rather than ringing at Melrose Sunday afternoon for our regular practice, we will ring at Trinity that afternoon. (If our crack engineering team invents a teleportation device before next month, we'll ring at all three towers in one day; otherwise, it's just too much driving for too little ringing...)

If you have a method in mind that you'd like to try, please let me know so we can let everyone brush up ahead of time.

We will not host dinner at Melrose on Saturday evening, as there is a theatrical production at the school. However, we'd like to get as many as possible to share dinner at the Cookhouse, which is about fifteen minutes down the road from the Kent tower, and serves delicious barbeque of all shapes and sizes. If you'd like to join dinner, please let me know when you confirm your attendance at the meeting; that way, we can make appropriate reservations.

If you'd like to come ring, and have one last go at our old ropes before our new ropes arrive in early November, please let me know by Monday, October 15th. We hope to see many of you there!

Best regards (and apologies to those who receive this email twice),

- Matt Bogen
  Tower Captain, Brewster

MEETING SCHEDULE:

Friday, October 19th

7:00pm - 8:30pm : general ringing, if sufficient interest
   - Our normal weeknight practice is on Thursday evening, but we'll move it to Friday if friends from out-of-town are interested in arriving early.

Saturday, October 20th
10:00am - 12:30pm: general ringing at Melrose
   - Coffee and light breakfast will be served.

12:30pm - 1:30pm: QP attempt at Melrose
   - Those not in the attempt can have lunch and head to Kent. We'll take a head count and order pizza or sandwiches if enough people are interested.

2:30pm - 4:30pm : general ringing at Kent

4:30pm - whenever: dinner at the Cookhouse, Route 7 in New Milford CT (about 15 minutes from Kent tower)

Sunday, October 21st
10:30am - 1:15pm: service ringing at Trinity

1:15pm - 3:30pm: general ringing at Trinity