Groton ringing July 8th 1-3 PM

    It's less than three weeks until the Groton meeting and I'd like to
get car pools organized.  The Groton outings are always fun - the bells
are lovely, the school's grounds are pretty, there are opportunities for
hanging out.  Ringing on ten is a rare treat for many of us, so I'm
hoping we get plenty of people (although ringing on six at Groton can be
a treat as well, since the bells are so nice).
     The eating plans aren't set yet - would people like to have a
picnic on the grounds beforehand?  Eat somewhere else first? There's
plenty of time, as there will be no Old North practice that day.  People
could go out for ice cream afterwards.  Arthur & I need to be back at
Alewife by 4:45 so our car can't stick around for long,  but there's no
reason other people shouldn't do something together after the ringing.

     For  planning purposes, I'd like to know who is coming, although it
would be fine to decide to come at the last minute.
   Expect lots of rounds and plain hunting, but I'm hoping we will also
have a band for Grandsire or Stedman Caters  and/or Little Bob Royal.
Those were the focus methods for the most recent Kent meeting, and I
think it's nice for people to keep them in mind.
The place notation for Little Bob Royal is
X10X14-12
To see it, go to
http://www.vismeth.co.uk/methview2.php?P=X10X14-12&T=Little+Bob+Royal&S=Royal&R=Rung

    To ring it by a system, you need to know that the treble only hunts
up to 4ths place.  At the treble lead, do the automatic Plain Bob stuff
(make 2nds or dodge).  At the half lead, bells in 5-10 dodge.  The bells
below the treble hunt.

    Directions from Groton's web site:
http://www.groton.org/home/content.asp?id=53

   If anybody wants to take the commuter train to Ayer, pickup could be
arranged
http://www.mbta.com/traveling_t/schedules_commuterrail_sched.asp?sched_day=Saturday&line=fitchburg&sched_type=Outbound&x=46&y=10

Laura Dickerson