Saturday Evening

This Saturday evening, May 21st, there will be a very low-key gathering of local ringers (and their guests) at our house in Needham for an early-ish, "take-out" dinner immediately following the ringing events at the Groton and Advent towers.

Presumably, those who have been ringing at Mike Schulte's session at the Advent would be getting here between 5:30 and 6:00 PM, depending on when we finish, and those who have been ringing at the Groton event could get here between 6:00 and 7:00 PM. We will set out chips, dips, drinks, and menus from very local Chinese, Italian, and pizza+grinder places so that by the time Groton ringers arrive we will be ready to call in our orders.

Please let me know by 5 PM on Friday (1) if you are planning to be here, so that I can stock approximately the right amount of paper plates, bottles of soda, etc. in advance; and (2) if you will be needing a ride from the Advent to Needham so that we can have enough cars available. If you will be needing a ride from Groton, please coordinate that through Laura Dickerson.

Directions to our house follow. Hope to see lots of you here.

Dianne S.P. Cermak
Treasurer, Advent Guild of Bell Ringers

** Directions to 34 Glendoon Road in Needham: **

1. Take the Mass Pike to the I-95/Rt.128 exit. Go SOUTH on I-95/Rt.128 to the exit marked "Highland Ave., Needham," which is #19B.

2. Follow the exit ramp off the highway and onto Highland Ave, heading WEST into Needham Center.

3. After about 1-1/2 miles or so, you will come to a light at a five-way intersection (May Street to your right and left), take the RIGHT FORK at (approximately one o’clock) onto Chapel Street, passing to the right of the gas station and the left of the FedEx/Kinkos.

4. Go one block to the next light at Great Plain Avenue, which is also Rt.135. (The Town Green will be on your left.) Turn RIGHT there onto Great Plain.

5. Go four very short blocks, crossing the RR tracks and passing by the “Do Not Enter” end of Glendoon Road. Turn RIGHT on the far edge of the Mobil station onto Nehoiden Street.

6. About one hundred feet along take the first RIGHT onto Glendoon Road.

7. Our house, #34, is the second driveway on the RIGHT just past the curve. It is an English Tudor in white with brown trim. Park in the driveway or on the opposite side of the street.

Our phone number is 781-455-6334.