no service ringing at Advent on Sunday 12 September

I've just had a call from Jim Wood at the Advent.
Apparently, last night after practice (maybe 9:30?), some large
chunks of internal masonry fell on the floor of the nave.

Just in case the vibrations of the bells aggravate it, they'd
rather not have ringing while the church is populated on Sunday
morning.

They _would_ like us to have practice as usual next Thurday, 15
September.  They're going to have some structural engineers in
at the same time looking at things...

More on this evolving saga later, I'm sure...

Ah, yes, and contrary to rumor, I am not Al Haig.  (I'm *not* in
charge here, despite what someone's been telling the church powers.)

-elaine