Re: sally colors at Old North

Red, white, and blue strikes me as appropriate for the location, given the
Revolutionary War/Freedom Trail history of Old North.  Two red strands and
one
black, as the closest available option to MIT colors, is fine with me,
too.  I
second James's observation that white in sallies ages to a creamy color,
not
grey.  -Hat

> I don't like sallies that are all one color. I think white fades more to yellow > than to grey. I don't care much about the colors except that I prefer 2-colored
> sallies.
>
> James
>
> >   We  have  Minchin ropes with red and gray sallies now.  We are
> > switching over to the Ellis rope company so that we can get
> > machine-spliced synthetic tops, which are supposed to be less springy
> > and more durable.  Ellis doesn't offer gray wool, and said when I
called
> > to double check that they can't special order it from anywhere.
> > Harrumph.  At any rate, it means we need to choose a new color or
> > colors.  There are three strands, so we could get up to 3 colors, or we
> > can go with two of one and one of another, or all one solid color.  The
> > choices they offer:
> > white
> > red
> > blue
> > green
> > gold
> > wine (like maroon, apparently)
> > black
> > purple
> >
> > Arthur suggests red and black, hoping that the black will fade to gray.
> > It's possible that white would turn to gray after enough dust was
added,