phone numbers on the web

  Don's post about John & Hat's phone number reminded me that I had meant
point out (unfortunately after the fact) that anything we post to this
list is
available for a web search.    This means that despite my personal
experience
that anything one types into an email becomes open to the world,  I put
nearly
all the Boston area ringers'  phone numbers on the web without thinking
about
it by generating the phone list.   At a time when many people worry about
privacy issues like that I dropped the ball, and I'm apologetic about it.
(on
the other hand, now you know that if you've lost someone's number a web
search
will turn it up...)

Laura Dickerson