Hendersonville Bells 25th birthday

I've just spoken with Richard Parsons, and the subject of the
25th anniversary of the Hendersonville bells' dedication came up. That
anniversary is the weekend after Labor Day, 5-7 September.

To mark it they are hosting a weekend-long get-together, starting on
the Friday night, with lots of ringing and a dinner on the Saturday
night. The dinner costs $25, but there are no other charges for the
weekend.

I think they've been having a little difficulty get the word out
broadly, so I'm sending this to try to drum up some interest.

I remember that the dedication twenty-five years ago was a well
attended and fun event, with folks coming from all over North America
to attend it. It would be wonderful if a goodly crowd could attend
this anniversary. My understanding is that the Hendersonville band,
after several years of struggling with small numbers, is currently
growing and advancing, and is again attempting local band quarter
peals! A goodly number of visitors at this anniversary, besides being
fun, would be a good way to show solidarity and help them along. And
Hendersonville and that whole Blue Ridge Mountains area are lovely
places to visit, adding yet another attraction to the weekend.

I'm hoping to get more details of this weekend, and will either send
them along to both these lists myself, or ensure that someone else
does.

--
Don Morrison <dfm mv com>
http://www.ringing.org