Re: A Talk by Yuri Gershtein at BU

Hi,

I wanted to announce another talk at BU by Yuri Gershtein.

Yuri will be visiting us from Rutgers University.

Here is the abstract of his talk:

Squeezing blood from stone: multivariate methods for higgs search in
di-photons at CMS.

I'll describe the results of a search for the light higgs boson decaying
into photon pairs
using the data CMS experiment collected in 2011 LHC run. Although a search
for a narrow
resonance may seem straightforward, it turns out that kinematical and
instrumental effects
introduce significant complications. To deal with them, CMS collaboration
has developed
several novel multi-variate methods that I will discuss in detail.

Time: Monday, Tuesday 26th of March, 12: 30 .

Room 595.

Best,
Siavosh

Siavosh