Late entries send to: bapc-late cosmos phy tufts edu
To subscribe to or unsubscribe from the bapc please go to:
http://cosmos.phy.tufts.edu/bapc.html

Monday, September 11, 2006

12:00 noon
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Nuclear and Particle Theory Seminar
Center for Theoretical Physics
Building NE25, Fourth Floor seminar room
?Testing AdS/CFT at String Loops?
Gianluca Grignani
Perugia University/INFN
Refreshments will be served
see our web page for directions to our new location

UMASS  LOWELL
4:15pm
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Weekly Physics Colloquium Series
Building 10, Room 250
"Recent results from the Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe"
Lyman Page
Princeton University

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

3:30 PM
Boston University
Physics Department Colloquium Series
Metcalf Science Building, Room 107
590 Commonwealth Ave.
"Visualizing Complex Electronic Quantum Matter"
Prof. J. C. Séamus Davis
Cornell University
Refreshments served at 3:15 PM in 1st floor lounge

4:00 pm
Brandeis University
Martin Weiner Lecture Series, Physics Colloquium Physics Building, Abelson
131 "Physics at 14 TeV: An LHC Preview"
Professor Craig Blocker
Brandeis University
Refreshments in Room 333 at 3:30pm

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

11:00 AM
Boston University
Physics Department
Special Condensed Matter Seminar
Metcalf Science Building, Room 352
590 Commonwealth Ave.
"Is the 'Hidden Electronic Order' in Cuprates neither Hidden nor Ordered?"
Professor J.C. Sèamus Davis
Cornell University

4:30PM
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Joint Theory Seminar
Center for Theoretical Physics
Building NE25, Fourth Floor seminar room
?Closed string tachyons and dimensional reduction"
Oren Bergman
Technion University

Thursday, September 14, 2006

2:30 pm (Note day change)
Brown University
Theoretical Seminar
B&H 555
?A Marginal Deformation of the D=3 N=8 SCFT and Vacuum Decay?
Dr. Ioannis Papadimitriou  (DESY)

4:00 pm
Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics CfA Colloquium Series Phillips
Auditorium, 60 Garden Street, Cambridge "Nearby, Thermally Emitting Neutron
Stars: Laboratories for Extreme Physics"
David Kaplan
MIT
tea and cookies at 3:30 p.m.

4:15pm
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Weekly Physics Colloquium Series
Building 10, Room 250
"Quantum criticality beyond the Landau-Ginzburg-Wilson paradigm."
Senthil Todadri
MIT
For more information:
http://web.mit.edu/physics/newsandevents/colloquia/fall2006.html

Friday, September 15, 2006

12:00 noon
Boston University
Physics Department
Condensed Matter Seminar
Metcalf Science Center, Room 352
"Spin transport and spin-Hall effect in 2DEG"
Ewelina Hankiewicz
University of Missouri-Columbia

3:00 pm
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Plasma Science & Fusion Center Seminar
"Reconnection and the Response of Toroidal Plasmas to Perturbations"
Allen Boozer
Columbia University