May 31- June 6, 2004

     THE BOSTON AREA PHYSICS CALENDAR

The Boston Area Physics Calendar is published weekly during the academic year by the Department of Physics at Boston University. You may send your announcement by e-mail (bapc-events cosmos phy tufts edu <mailto:bapc lns mit edu>) or FAX (617-353-9393). We cannot accept announcements by telephone. Entries should reach us no later than 5:00pm on the Tuesday of the week proceeding the week of the event. ENTRIES RECEIVED AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

Monday, May 31, 2004

         Tuesday, June 1, 2004

         Wednesday, June 2, 2004

Wednesday, June 2, 2004, 2:30PM
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
String/Gravity  Theory Seminar
Center for Theoretical Physics, Building 6, Third Floor seminar room
``Rolling Tachyon Solution in Vacuum String Field Theory"
Hiroyuki Hata
Kyoto University
Refreshments will be served

Thursday, June 3, 2004

Thursday, June 3, 2004, 4:00 pm

Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics

Phillips Auditorium

60 Garden Street, Cambridge

"Cultural Astronomy of Africa"
Jarita Holbrook

BURA - University of Arizona
* tea and cookies at 3:30 p.m. *

Friday, June 4, 2004

To unsubscribe from the BAPC

announcement list, send an email to

bapc-request cosmos phy tufts edu <mailto:bapc-request cosmos phy tufts edu> and in the body put "unsubscribe".

--
ÐÏࡱá