[Assistant-faculty] Satisfying NSF Responsible Conduct of Research Requirements

Friends,

By law, all recipients of research grants from the NSF or the NIH are now required to provide training in the Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) to all undergraduates, graduate students and postdocs who receive funding from the grants, and to be able to document that this training took place.  For information on the NSF requirements, see:  http://www.nsf.gov/pubs/policydocs/rcr/faqs_mar10.pdf .  As far as I’m aware the DOE and NASA are not (yet) subject to the same requirements, but I’m not sure about that.

Up to now, Tufts has left it up to the individual investigator to fulfill this requirement.  The email below announces an RCR course to be offered on the Boston campus this summer.  I would encourage anyone receiving or expecting NSF or NIH funding to consider enrolling your students and postdocs in this course.  Otherwise it’s your responsibility to be provide and document suitable training.

If there are enough people going from Medford, maybe we can get the Vice Provost to arrange a shuttle.  So let me know if you’re signing up, and how many.

Don’t blame me, I’m just the messenger.

Roger