Re: [Assistant-faculty] Meeting 3/28: Position requests

Dean Berger-Sweeney has announced a program for "Cluster Hires" of faculty
in the area of Environmental Studies. There are a lot of details, but here
are the basics:

1)  There will be 3 ass't prof. slots, one each in Natural Sciences,
Social Sciences, Arts & Humanities. Any department in A&S may apply for
one of the positions.

2)  The positions, tenure lines, etc. will be in the host departments.
These will not be joint or interdisciplinary appointments.

3)  The new faculty member will teach some courses that will be
cross-listed with Environmental Studies, and will have some other
responsibilities to that program.

4)  The plan is to have other Cluster Hires in future years, in different
areas (i.e. not just Env. Stud.) yet to be determined.

As you think about our position request(s) for next year, you may want to
keep this program in mind, and consider whether it fits with our
departmental goals and priorities.

Roger

Roger G. Tobin
Professor and Department Chair