Re: [Assistant-faculty] *Urgent* - Websites - Profile sites

Hi Peggy,

personally, I believe the research web page of each faculty is her/his
responsibility, as well as freedom.
In my case, I am listed on the P&A Department Faculty web page, and my
name links to my personal research page. I believe everyone should be
responsible for their personal research web pages, and so everyone should
be free to create and set up as they wish his/her research page.

However, if other members of the department have a different view than
mine on this matter, it is something that we should probably further
discuss.

Best regards,
Danilo

On Jan 19, 2011, at 12:02 PM, Peggy Cebe wrote:

> Hello, everyone. I think this job should be overseen by someone who will
> organize the faculty profiles so they have a uniform appearance.
> Otherwise, the Physics and Astronomy website will look disorganized,
> with every faculty member having his/her own idea about how and what to
> place on the faculty profile page. As someone who has my own website, I
> would of course like to have that linked to my faculty profile page. But
> I believe the faculty profile pages themselves should be somewhat
> controlled as to content and appearance.
>
> Peggy
> ****
>
> Shannon Landis wrote:
>>
>> Faculty and Staff,
>>
>> I am contacting you in regard to the email below which was sent
>> recently by Jillian Dubman regarding the removal of the Faculty Profile
>> Website from the AS&E host.
>>
>> The Physics and Astronomy Website Committee is happy to inform you that
>> we are able to offer each faculty and post-doc *up to* 5GB of space on
>> our existing department server to replace this website opportunity. If
>> you are interested in obtaining space to replace your Faculty Profile
>> site, let me know asap (reminder, the Profile site goes down January
>> 31, 2011) so that we can arrange for you to have access. Please note…as
>> with the Faculty Profile sites, these are your responsibility. I will
>> not have access to update or maintain them. Once your new site is
>> ready, you may then forward me the link and I will gladly link it to
>> our current department site/s.
>>
>> If you are not at all comfortable with building and/or maintaining
>> websites, but would still like to have one, please come see me and we
>> can discuss how to move forward.
>>
>> If you need any further information, please let me know.
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> Shannon
>>
>> Shannon R. Landis, MEd
>>
>> Department Manager
>>
>> Physics & Astronomy
>>
>> Tufts University
>>
>> 212 College Ave.
>>
>> Medford, MA 02155
>>
>> (617) 627-5360
>>
>> (617) 627-3878 fax
>>
>> Shannon Landis Tufts edu

Danilo Marchesini
Assistant Professor in Astronomy & Astrophysics
Tufts University
Robinson Hall
212 College Avenue
Medford, MA 02155 USA